The entrance level for the programme will be a completed academic theological training, at a Bachelor’s level, at the least. Therefore, this Master of Theology Degree Programme will not offer introductory courses, but advanced courses and supervised studies in the field of Reformed Theology.
The regular requirements for entering a Master’s Programme at the Theological University of Kampen apply.
The following modules will be offered in the context of the programme:
- Common Course – “Doing theology in a contextual manner. Hermeneutics for the Reformed Tradition” (together with all MTA students)
- Reading the Scriptures Inter-Culturally – a Reformed approach
- The Fabric of Reformed Theology – Methodology and Structure of Reformed Theology
- What’s at stake? Actual themes and discussions in the field of Reformed theology
- Reformed worldview – a broad perspective for the Christian, the Church and the World
- Doing inter-cultural Reformed theology – Catholicity and Local relevance
- Research Methodology
Students who apply should:
- Be seriously interested in Reformed theology and the Reformed world vision, and academically prepared to take advanced courses in theology;
- Be able and equipped to dedicate themselves to intensive studies for a one-year period;
- Have completed a formal theological education, at a Bachelor’s level at the least;
- Have a good command of the English language (TOEFL).
Those students who show excellence in their studies at Master of Intercultural Reformed Theology will be encouraged to enrol in a PhD programme.
Two Fee Waivers per annum are made available by the Theological University for excellent students.
Are you interested in the MIRT? Please feel free to ask our International office for the application requirements: email@example.com.
You can apply for the MIRT till 15 April.